Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. Jesus says the harvest is already plentiful but we must pray (Mt 9:38). Let us continue the habit of spending time with God daily. Let CCC to be a house of prayer for all peoples.
Pray for brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For healing and strength for those with ongoing medical treatment, chronic pain, or hospitalization. May they and their family members find peace and courage as they trust God.
- Thank God for our missionaries’ recent home visits. Pray for God’s provision and protection as they prepare for future missions work.
- Pray for the Cool Church Kids and their families, that the church may be their source of Light.
- Pray for our cell groups, that they may develop into part of the foundation of the church.
- Pray for those facing personal struggles; may God’s presence provide courage and strength to handle whatever lies ahead.
- Pray that we may each focus on deepening our personal relationship with Jesus as we enter the season of Lent.
- Pray for our President and other congressional leaders, that they allow God to guide their thoughts and actions.
Pray for needs of the church:
- Pray that we may focus our prayers and activities on reaching out. The theme – Building a People for God’s Kingdom: Making Christ Known – continues for this year. Pray that we each make it a priority to share Christ.
- Thank God for the workers in the sanctuary – that they are committed to doing the best job they can. Pray for their safety and perseverance.
- Pray for the upcoming missions sharing. Pray that we may continually support missionaries with our prayers and presence during their time at home and with CCC.
- Pray for those working on Easter programs; may we strive to provide opportunities for all to experience love and redemption.
- Thank God for our worship teams in all three congregations – for their creativity, perseverance, and love for God.
- How can we see signs of brokenness in our world today? How do we see it in our own lives?
- What aspects of the gospel are you drawn to? Which parts do you struggle with? Why?
- How can we encourage ourselves and others to recognize the need for grace?
1. NEXT SUNDAY Three worship services will be held at regular times:
- 9:30 am Cantonese Hung Memorial Hall
- 10:45 am Mandarin Rooms 301-303
- 11:00 am English Hung Memorial Hall
2. ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICE Please join us this Wednesday to observe the beginning of Lent, February 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm in the Hung Memorial Hall for a half hour service.
3. HEAT IN THE FELLOWSHIP HALL will be turned off for five weeks beginning next Friday so that the new system and ductwork can be installed. Due to unforeseen complications this process will take longer than originally anticipated but cannot be helped. Temporary heating will be in place so it won’t be frigid, but you might want to wear your jacket to service. Thanks for your patience and flexibility.
4. NEW MEMBER CLASSES Baptism classes are closed now as preparations for Easter Sunday reception of new members on April 8, 2012 are being conducted. You may still sign-up for transfer of membership through next Sunday, February 26, 2012. Contact one of the Pastors.
5. CALENDAR FOR MARCH will be published next Sunday. Please provide your activity details to the office by Wednesday – firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. COMMUNITY TAX AID Assistance with filing income tax returns is available for free for low income families. Check out the web site for locations and hours. CCC is offering Chinese translation assistance on Sundays at the Martin Luther King Jr Library location from 1- 4 pm. Please contact Shirley if you can help with translation. http://www.communitytaxaiddc.org/
7. FLOWER DONORS FOR 2012 Remember a loved one or special occasion by donating flowers for the sanctuary altar. Cost is $20 per vase. Flower chart is located on the HMH bulletin board.
8. LUNCH COOKS NEEDED In order to continue with the lunch hour, we need more participation by the congregation to be lunch cooks and helpers. Please sign up on the bulletin board in the kitchen hallway. Thanks to all who have signed up in the past, especially the kitchen committee who has filled in on numerous occasions.
9. SCHEDULE CHANGES due to weather emergencies, will be announced on WTOP (News 9 ) or WJLA (ABC 7 or News 8). You may also check the CCC website. If you are not currently on a phone tree list, please leave your name and phone number in the church office or email to email@example.com and you will be added.
10. PHASE II SANCTUARY RENOVATION IS IN PROGRESS Completed – DensGlass sheathing; rafter batt insulation and hardware cloth; removal of old mechanical system from southwest roof. In progress – chancel roof repairs; chancel ductwork, northwest door frame widening. Please pay attention to safety precautions and pardon the dust. FUNDRAISING STATUS Thank you to all who have contributed to the Phase II Sanctuary Renovation Fund. We will continue to gratefully receive donations until the last bill is paid and the project is completed (hopefully, by May 2012). The Fundraising Committee anticipates that the current level of giving and anticipated pledges will fully fund the project without a loan or line of credit. Outstanding pledges – The Committee would like to begin work on the “giving tree” layout, so, if you have an outstanding pledge, please let Linda know its status by March 31, 2012. Your support is appreciated.