Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. Jesus says the harvest is already plentiful but we must pray (Mt 9:38). Let us continue the habit of spending time with God daily. Let CCC to be a house of prayer for all peoples.
Pray for brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For healing and strength for those with ongoing medical treatment, chronic pain, or hospitalization. May they and their family members find peace and courage as they trust God.
- Thank God for those who served and gave their lives in the military for our safety and freedom. Pray for those who have recently lost loved ones in the Middle East or currently have loved ones serving there and other parts of the world.
- Pray for those in the neighborhood without a church home to be drawn and welcomed into CCC.
- Pray for the children in the church – that the young ones will experience the love of Christ and receive godly teaching; that the Holy Spirit will lead the older ones to place their trust in their Creator and not the things of the world.
- Pray for large measures of grace and patience for parents who are trying to raise children to be Christ-like in an environment full of attractions and distractions to the contrary.
Pray for needs of the church:
- Pray that we may focus our prayers and activities on reaching out. The theme – Building a People for God’s Kingdom: Making Christ Known – continues for this year. Pray that we each make it a priority to share Christ.
- Pray for the final sanctuary preparation. Praise God for His provision and control over every detail.
- Pray for a clear understanding of how God wants us to develop leadership and handle administration in our church.
- Pray for the summer camp, that our short-term missioners may impart the love and word of God among the students, teacher aides and parents.
- Pray for the Memorial Day Weekend Restaurant Ministry outreach picnic – for the preparations of testimony and refreshments.
- Pray that our individual families may be strengthened and united by the love of Christ so that the church family may have a strong foundation.
This Week’s Sermon Reflection:
- How have I honored God by honoring my parents?
- In what ways has obeying my parents been in tension with what God desires for my life?
- Where do I need reconciliation and healing in my relationship with my parents?
1. NEXT SUNDAY We will begin our Joint Communion Worship at 10:45 am in the Hung Memorial Hall and proceed as one congregation, to the sanctuary, to worship. Dedication program will be held at 1:00 pm in the sanctuary after lunch. Please invite family and friends to witness how God has brought the renovation to fruition and to be receptive to what new works He will lead us to accomplish for His Kingdom.
2. APPRECIATION is expressed to Peipei who has served CCC as Administrative Assistant for the last 11 months. Her last day will be May 31, 2012. We appreciate her hard work and concern for all of God’s people. We will welcome Jenny to the staff beginning June 1.
3. MEMBERSHIP CLASSES will be forming after the summer is over. If you are interested in baptism or transfer of membership into the church family, please contact one of the pastors.
4. GRADUATES will be recognized on Father’s Day in June. Please send a note to email@example.com or the church office about any high school or college graduates.
5. TIDINGS, the church newsletter, will be published in mid-June. Please submit any articles or event information to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 5.
6. SUMMER PLANNING – SAVE THESE DATES!
- Church picnic–July 8.
- Summer Retreat is August 3-5. Details to come.