Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. Jesus says the harvest is already plentiful but we must pray (Mt 9:38). Let us continue the habit of spending time with God daily. Let CCC to be a house of prayer for all peoples.
Pray for brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For healing and strength for those with ongoing medical treatment, chronic pain, or hospitalization. May they and their family members find peace and courage as they trust God.
- Thank God for all who supported the sanctuary renovation through prayer, service, and giving.
- Pray for those in the neighborhood who need to experience the love of God.
- Pray for those having anxious moments – may they cast all their cares on the Lord and experience His peace.
- Pray for new graduates looking for first jobs.
- Pray for those contemplating church membership – that the Holy Spirit will lead them to clear understanding about eternity.
Pray for needs of the church:
- Pray that we may focus our prayers and activities on reaching out. The theme – Building a People for God’s Kingdom: Making Christ Known – continues for this year. Pray that we each make it a priority to share Christ.
- Thank God for bringing us today – that months of dust and noise and inconveniences are but a memory and worth what He has provided.
- Pray for a clear understanding of how God wants us to develop leadership and handle administration in our church.
- Pray that our short-term missioners may impart the love and word of God among the students, teacher aides and parents.
- Pray for new work in the Kingdom on which to focus our energies.
- Pray that our individual families may be strengthened and united by the love of Christ so that the church family may have a strong foundation.
- God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 By faith in what Christ has done, we can have peace with God. Believe, for your eternity depends on it.
- Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. I Cor 15:58 – What task has the Lord set before you today?
1. NEXT SUNDAY We will return to our three service schedule – Cantonese in the Sanctuary at 9:30 am; Mandarin in Hung Memorial Hall at 10:45 am; and English in the Sanctuary at 11:00 am. Please check the schedule for Sunday School class location changes.
2. DEDICATION OF SANCTUARY TODAY You are invited to join us in the Hung Memorial Hall for lunch immediately after worship today followed by the Dedication program in the sanctuary at 1:00 pm. Appreciation is expressed to Membership Committee for planning today’s lunch, reception, and coordination, Kitchen Committee for assisting, and Mingguang for lunch preparation.
3. MEMBERSHIP CLASSES will be forming after the summer is over. If you are interested in baptism or transfer of membership into the church family, please contact one of the pastors.
4. SEEDS FELLOWSHIP will meet on Saturday, June 9, 2012 at Tom and Joanne’s, 10 am. Picnic with games and activities. Contact Judy or Joanne for details.
5. GRADUATES will be recognized on Father’s Day in June. Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or the church office about any high school or college graduates.
6. TIDINGS, the church newsletter, will be published in mid-June. Please submit any articles or event information to email@example.com before June 5.
7. PARKING CHANGE Please note the entrance to the Altman lot at 4th and K Streets where we have privileges to park on the weekends with a proper identification on the dashboard has a new entrance on 4th Street (rather than K Street). For more information, see Andre at the front door.
8. SUMMER PLANNING – SAVE THESE DATES!
- Church picnic–July 8.
- Summer Retreat is August 3-5. Details to come.