Announcements: Week of October 8
- Next Sunday please join us for one of our regularly scheduled worship services.
- Welcome to the Church Family! Praise God for Mandarin congregation folks being baptized today: Xuemei Lai and Guangyao (John) Jing
- Pastors Charles and Joanna will be on vacation during the next 2 weeks starting October 2. Pastor Charles will be visiting family overseas through October 12 and Pastor Joanna will be spending time with family through October 10. If you have any pastoral concerns, please contact the church office or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sympathy is expressed to the family of Mr. Sam Eng, a member of CCC and the Cantonese congregation since 1998. His wife, Liza, predeceased him in August 2003. Please keep their children, Nance and Gordon, in prayer.
- Congratulations to Elaine Lamirande (daughter of Lem and June Woo), who received a Golden Goose Award for her research with others finding the organism that was causing massive amphibian declines (like frogs). The research will have global impact and save hundreds of species from extinction.
- Trinity Forum Event “Hope, Healing, & Peacemaking: The Role of the Faith Community in Advancing Global Health” is the topic of discussion with Jenny Eaton Dyer, PhD, the Executive Director of Hope Through Healing Hands, on Monday, October 16, 2017 at the National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. See the bulletin board for more details and contact Chaplain Don if you have questions or are interested in attending.
- Thanksgiving Tidings will be published at the beginning of November. Please forward articles or activity information to email@example.com by October 25.
- Caution Please be aware that recently part of the street parking directly across on the other side of the street from the church has now been reserved for zip cars. Do not park between the orange markers or you will be ticketed. DC DOT says this is a temporary parking arrangement for zip car advertising.
- Lunch Cooks Please check your schedules to see if there is a Sunday for which you may help prepare lunch. Sign-up sheet is on the kitchen hallway bulletin board. Except for the first Sunday of the month, you can sign up for any Sunday(s) for the rest of the year.