Prayers: Week of October 8
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God “the Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.” Habakkuk 3:19
- Thank God for rest and shelter through the night.
- Thank God for hands that reach out to offer whatever I need at the moment.
- Thank God that He can calm storms. Psalm107:29-30
- Thank God that all His purposes are for good, even if born out of something evil.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health and others not well.
- Pray for those in nursing care or requiring special needs care – may God’s presence sustain them.
- Pray for the family of Sam Eng who is dealing with the loss of their loved one.
- Pray for new believers, those who recently were baptized as well as those still in membership classes.
- Pray for those affected by the recent mass killing in Las Vegas, that God can help us find peace in our hearts for such an unfathomable event.
- Pray for visitors and outsiders who come to our church. May the Holy Spirit lead them to return to experience God in this place.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that the longing for God’s spirit in our heart is satisfied by our worship experience.
- Pray for our English Associate Pastor Search, that we do not become discouraged as we seek the right candidate.
- Pray for the Nominating process – that God will raise up leaders to serve as next year’s officers and Board members
- Pray for the upcoming Fall Festival – that this will be an opportunity for fellowship and outreach as well as raising funds to continue the Chinatown Service Center.
- Pray for courage and focus as we set new goals for achieving the work of God’s Kingdom on earth.
- Pray that we may be encouragers like Barnabas (Acts 4:36).
Personal Reflection: I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land. Answer me quickly, LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. (Psalm 143:5-8) With all the things that need to be done in a day, do we often skip our time alone with God? Do we waste time and spin our wheels by not getting clear marching orders from God in the morning and trust him with the day He has given us. We might find the agenda for the day different and joy-filled!