Announcements: March 24, 2019
- Next Sunday, please join us for one of our regularly scheduled worship services.
- New Members will be received on Easter Sunday, April 21, 2019. If you are interested in joining the CCC family through baptism, confirmation or transfer, please discuss with one of the pastors today. Baptism classes are being scheduled now.
- The Easter edition of Tidings, the church newsletter, will be published the first week of April and the April Calendar will be published next Sunday. Please provide any information for inclusion to either publication to email@example.com by March 27.
4. Summer Mission Trip to Appalachia VA
(July 21-26, 2019, open for ages 5 and up!)
Deadline for sign-up with Aaron Woo is March 31, space permitting.
CCC will be coordinating a week-long Summer Missions trip from July 21-26 to serve citizens in and around Appalachia, VA! Cost is $395/person all-inclusive, but we will work together on fundraising. Work projects will be dependent on group capabilities and may include:
- Building Relationships: Ministering to those who feel forgotten, primarily to the elderly through games, crafts, singing songs, and telling stories etc.
- Home Restoration/Work Projects: Partner with a non-profit ministry that helps with basic home repairs and cleaning to the elderly or home-bound individuals.
Appalachia VA: Despite vast natural resources and beauty beyond measure, residents suffer from poverty and despair daily. Unemployment tracks higher than the national average, and many people in this area work in low-paying jobs below their skill level. Many are also jobless and lacking in educational resources. The people of the Appalachian Mountains are strong and come from a legacy of hard work, but years of discouragement have taken their toll.The work group is limited to 30 people, so please “sign up” asap by informing Aaron Woo, firstname.lastname@example.org of your intent. Once the group is determined, we will meet to discuss fundraising and further details.