Prayers: Week of March 24, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God for being with me wherever I go. Deuteronomy 31:6
- Thank God for his peace that overcomes our troubled hearts. John 14:27
- Thank God for technology – I can see the face of a loved one who lives on the other side of the world.
- Thank God for daffodils – a sure sign that His spring display is in progress!
- Thank God for prayers that lift me up.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health and others who live out of the area.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. Pray for the ability to see the good of every situation.
- Pray for the family and Chinatown community who are mourning the loss of Eddie, husband of Emma. Pray for the Chan family for whom Pastor Charles is conducting a funeral today.
- Pray for us to use the power of the Holy Spirit to live godly lives.
- Pray for a few minutes to call a loved one we haven’t talked to in awhile.
- Pray for those in dangerous situations caused by floods and cyclones.
- Pray that we may encourage those facing obstacles, that these are not God’s lack of care, but circumstances for us to develop a character more like Jesus.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that our worship builds one another up for God’s glory. What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 1 Corinthians 14:26 (NIV)
- Pray for our Good Friday and Easter worship services – that we take to heart the suffering and joy that leads us to eternity
- Pray for Family Missions planning to Appalachia, VA – for those thinking about going to experience God’s leading.
- Pray for our children, that we model for them a life directed by God and balanced by learning, serving and resting.
- Pray for Ministry Teams to persevere to build up the body of Christ in their congregation.
To Think About: During the season of Lent, let us give up, not a food or activity, but a tendency we exhibit which doesn’t please God, like being anxious over our days, our family, a work or school project. Trade anxiety for trust. God will guide your way. In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps, so you may experience delays. In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9