Prayers: Week of April 14, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God He is with us through any valley we must tread. Psalm 23
- Thank God His Spirit within us is greater than the devil, who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 TLB
- Thank God for reminders of His power and creativity as we enjoy springtime.
- Thank God that we are His handiwork so then are capable of much more than we think!
- Thank God for giving us a spirit of love, power, and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7 May we always pause long enough to put it into action.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health and others who live out of the area.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. Pray for joyful moments with visitors.
- Pray that we believers would demonstrate such love and compassion in our lives that those struggling with various needs may be drawn to God, our source of love and compassion, as their source of hope and healing.
- Pray for sufficient workers in the missionary field.
- Pray for wisdom for those unsure of whether to push ahead or wait to see what happens as opportunities arise.
- Pray for insight to know when the soil is just right to sow seeds of faith.
- Pray for peace and hope for those living in areas of conflict.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray the joy of Palm Sunday is in our daily worship. Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!” I Chronicles 16:31 (ESV)
- Pray that Holy Week activities are carried out with joy and gratitude for what Jesus has done!
- Pray for ongoing planting and watering in our Sunday School classes.
- Pray for creativity and wisdom as congregations with diverse backgrounds serve in ministry together.
- Pray that in our family of believers, we will always find more than enough workers to meet needs.
- Pray for our pastors to lead and teach with the strength, grace and wisdom of the Holy Spirit.
To Think About: Holy Week is bookended by two joyful Sundays. Let us not forget what Jesus did for us in between. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:5-6