Prayers: Week of May 19, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God for the gift of today.
- Thank God for the 100th anniversary of the Chinese Union Version of the Bible.
- Thank God that He never stops looking for His lost sheep. Luke 15:6
- Thank God that He can replace our hearts of stone with His Spirit. Ezekiel 36:26
- Thank God for the beauty of the earth after a rain.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. Pray that they will feel blessed with each new day.
- Pray for those unable or reluctant to attend church regularly. Pray for their continued spiritual growth.
- Pray for our school children focusing on end-of-the-year exams and projects. Pray for perseverance to make it through the heavy workload.
- Pray for the Christians in China who have had to scatter and give up regular corporate worship and even access to Christian literature.
- Pray for church pastors and leaders around the world willing to suffer dissension, disregard, poverty and the shame of the Cross for the sake of the Savior, starting with our own church.
- Pray for hope for those who are distressed by the evil in the world.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that whether on earth or in heaven we always seek God in worship. One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4 ESV
- Pray that we not confine God to working in certain ways or guidelines, so as to place ourselves on an equality with God.
- Pray for our Summer Missions Team of 19 people, that they will be willing to be used by God July 21-26, especially in unexpected ways!
- Pray for enough resources for basement and office renovation.
- Pray for Light in our planning to steer us away from the way the world is run.
- Pray that the Summer Retreat will be an inspirational time of teaching and fellowship.
To Think About: Memorizing Scripture means God’s voice is always at hand when we need to know what to do. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12