Announcements: June 16, 2019
- Next Sunday Please join us for one of our regular worship services.
- Pardon the dust! The Official Board has approved a renovation project to begin this week and carry on until Thanksgiving. This will include a complete renovation of our basement Sunday School classrooms and office update. During this process, the church office and the Chinatown Service Center will operate from the fellowship hall during the week. Please obey any “Do Not Enter” signs and temporary storage of items that may appear in your usual spaces. In addition, if you are interested in having some used office furniture, please see Wai Chen or Linda Wong.
- Adult Sunday School Class Topic: That the World May Know series: Walking with God in the Desert: Experiencing Living Water When Life is Tough. Class meets Sundays at 9:30 am in Room 304.
- Summer Retreat at Messiah College – August 2-4. 2019. Pastor Jason Tarn, English Pastor at Houston Chinese Community Church will be the speaker. The topic is “ Providence: Tracing God’s Hand in the Book of Ruth”. Early bird rates are available but registration form and fees must be turned in by June 30 to Aaron Woo or Linda Wong to take advantage of them. Brochures are available in the literature racks and registration forms are also available on the church website.
- CCC’s ROAR Summer VBS! At ROAR VBS, children will explore the goodness of God and what it means to have faith in God no matter what may happen in this wild life! August 5-9, 2019, from 9 am – 1 pm, including lunch. Registration will open soon for any student who will be entering kindergarten through 6th grade in the fall. For the rest of the congregation we covet your prayers and, if possible, your presence during VBS. We will need volunteers in a variety of areas – lesson teachers, crew leaders, lunch preparation, classroom decoration and preparation, registration, etc., so teens and adults, please pray about where God might be able to use you in this program. See Pastor Josh or Mei-Ye Wong if you are interested in volunteering or need more details about VBS.