Prayers: Week of June 23, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God for those who days in clean-up of God’s house this week.
- Thank God for the Holy Spirit who helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26
- Thank God for safety in the storms of life.
- Thank God we may rest in the Good Shepherd who restores our souls and prepares us for the next stage of our journey. Psalm 23:3
- Thank God for providing all we need.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. Pray for contentment in the days the Lord has given.
- Pray for those who have lost their hope. Encourage them with God’s promises.
- Pray that we might shine with God’s light in us in such a way that others are drawn to the Source.
- Pray for our missionaries that they may persevere through trials of severe working conditions or health concerns.
- Pray for traveling mercies for those taking summer vacations.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that our worship includes time to listen for God’s voice and turn to His leading: He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 |NIV
- Pray that we be good stewards of all that God has provided for our church.
- Pray that the training our Summer Missions Team will be receiving will prepare them to be ready for every opportunity they will encounter on their trip.
- Pray for our Official Board, that although summer gives them a break from meeting, they still are dedicated to getting their tasks completed.
- Pray for preparation for Vacation Bible School.
- Pray for the renovation project that has begun in the Sunday School rooms and office – pray that obstacles will be few and small.
To Think About: We have just completed memorizing a few verses about Living a New Life in Christ. Yet there are many more Scriptures which provide a manual for living. We will look at a some from the Book of Proverbs in the next few weeks. Solomon wrote them to teach his people how to live—how to act in every circumstance, for he wanted them to be understanding, just, and fair in everything they did. “I want to make the simpleminded wise!” he said. “I want to warn young men about some problems they will face. I want those already wise to become wiser and become leaders by exploring the depths of meaning in these nuggets of truth.” How does a man become wise? The first step is to trust and reverence the Lord! Proverbs 1:1-7 TLB