Announcements: July 21, 2019
1. Next Sunday Please join us for one of our regularly scheduled Worship Services.
2. CCC’s ROAR Summer VBS! At ROAR VBS, children will explore the goodness of God and what it means to have faith in God no matter what may happen in this wild life! August 5-9, 2019, from 9 am – 1 pm, including lunch. Registration is open now for any student who will be entering kindergarten through 6th grade in the fall. You may register online at https://vbspro.events/p/events/cccdc or on the church website www.cccdc.com or a paper form in the literature racks which may be turned in to the church office. Cost is $20 for the entire week. For the rest of the congregation we covet your prayers and, if possible, your presence during VBS. We will need volunteers in a variety of areas – lesson teachers, crew leaders, lunch preparation, classroom decoration and preparation, registration, etc., so teens and adults, please pray about where God might be able to use you in this program. See Pastor Josh, Aaron Woo, or Mei-Ye Wong to volunteer or if you need more details about VBS.
3. Summer Retreat at Messiah College – August 2-4. 2019. Pastor Jason Tarn, English Pastor at Houston Chinese Community Church will be the speaker. The topic is “ Providence: Tracing God’s Hand in the Book of Ruth”. See Linda Lum, Aaron Woo, or Linda Wong. Brochures are available in the literature racks and registration forms are also available on the church website. Deadline is July 22, 2019.
4. Calendar for August will be published next Sunday. Please send activity information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday noon.
5. Bible Verse Memory Certification Booklet for the “Living The New Life” Campaign may still be turned in for prizes. After you have signatures verifying you have memorized the verses, turn the booklet in to the Scripture Memory Table set up in the fellowship hall during Sunday lunch to claim your prize. Available through July 28. Minimum requirement for a prize is one verse from each of the first 5 topics. Additional prizes for those who memorize additional bonus week verse or 2 verses from each topic.
6. Pardon the dust! The Official Board approved a renovation project which is well underway and continues through fall. Included is a complete renovation of our basement Sunday School classrooms and office update. During this process, the church office and the Chinatown Service Center will operate from the fellowship hall during the week. Please obey any “Do Not Enter” signs and temporary storage of items that may appear in your usual spaces.
7. Adult Sunday School Class Topic: That the World May Know series: Walking with God in the Desert: Experiencing Living Water When Life is Tough. Class meets Sundays at 9:30 am in Room 304.