Prayers: Week of July 21, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God that He is bigger than any circumstance we might face in this world.
- Thank God He is always working for our good.
- Thank God He has a good plan for us since oftentimes we don’t nor trust in His.
- Thank God for His comfort. 1 Corinthians 1:4
- Thank God He has engraved, not just written, our names and our whole lives on His hands that we will not be forgotten. Isaiah 49:16
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. May their days be punctuated with smiles.
- Pray for the family and loved ones who are mourning a death.
- Pray our missionaries will ways to share the gospel in culturally relevant ways.
- Pray that we may look beyond our current situation and see the unseen glory that lasts forever. 2 Corinthians 4:18
- Pray we use our influence wisely – to spur others to love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:24
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that God rejoices with us as we worship. Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Psalm 105:1-3
- Pray for our Summer Missions team for travel and weather mercies. Pray that they and those they serve will experience God’s presence in their lives.
- Pray for the registration process for Vacation Bible School, that we will be able to fill our rooms with children eager to learn.
- Pray for our Summer Retreat, that those who go will be blessed with the Word of God and the fellowship of brothers and sisters. null
- Pray for the smooth continuation of the renovation project in the Sunday School rooms and office. May we use the time to clean out and plan for the future.
- Pray for unity-building fellowship opportunities among CCC brothers and sisters.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded of the benefit of following God’s Word. The road the righteous travel is like the sunrise, getting brighter and brighter until daylight has come. The road of the wicked, however, is dark as night. They fall, but cannot see what they have stumbled over. … keep [my Words] in your heart. They will give life and health to anyone who understands them. Proverbs 4:18-22 GNT