Prayers: Week of August 18, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank God for being the Master sculptor of my life, chipping away anything that isn’t like Jesus.
- Thank God for always taking my call. Isaiah 58:9
- Thank God for making everything beautiful in His time. Ecclesiastes 3:11
- Thank God for the person who gave me an encouraging word this week.
- Thank God He sees me as a new creations, not as I had been without Jesus.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. Pray for God’s presence.
- Pray for good health for Brother Wang and the resources he needs to keep Samuel Pollard School in good repair.
- Pray for children getting their backpacks ready for a new school year.
- Pray for those struggling with difficult relationships with coworkers.
- Pray for those moving to new places.
- Pray for an opportunity to come alongside someone who needs to experience Jesus.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that our worship is joyful, even loud, because we are glad to be in the house of the Lord. Come, everyone, and clap for joy! Shout triumphant praises to the Lord! Psalm 47:1
- Pray for those contemplating or beginning baptism classes.
- Pray for our Sunday School Department and preparation for the new school year.
- Pray for believers to discover their gifts of service and find a place in the church to use them.
- Pray for our renovation project – that our work will be sound and strong to allow this building to be used for another 160 years.
- Pray that whatever we have learned this summer we may put into practice throughout the year.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that wise men work hard and don’t waste time in idleness. Take a lesson from the ants, you lazy fellow. Learn from their ways and be wise! For though they have no king to make them work, yet they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. But you—all you do is sleep…. as you sleep, poverty creeps upon you like a robber and destroys you; want attacks you in full armor. Proverbs 6:6-11 TLB