Prayers: Week of September 22, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for the cool evenings and color of the fall season.
- Thank you, Lord, that I know you are alive. Job 19:25
- Thank you, Lord, for your plan of creation, allowing me rest on the Sabbath.
- Thank you, Lord, for working behind the scenes of every impossible situation in my life like you did for Joshua. Joshua 2:24
- Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care – Pray for the Holy Spirit to gladden their hearts.
- Pray for courage to be a model of faith for our neighbors.
- Pray for those in baptism classes, that their relationship with God will continue to grow deeper.
- Pray for those affected by hurricanes.
- Pray for those who are not able to worship God openly.
- Pray for the one who troubles me – he is also made in the image of God.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that our worship is filled with the joy of the Lord being a constant gladness and cause to rejoice in our lives. When Jesus died for us, He restored us to a peace with God that cannot be undone. Then he said to them, “Go on your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10
- Pray that we may produce much fruit for God because we are all securely connected to the Vine. John 15:5
- Pray for visitors who come to our church. May they experience God’s love through us.
- Pray for the Nominating Committee’s efforts to identify leadership servants for next year’s Official Board.
- Pray for the Official Board and the smooth operation of the church mission.
- Pray for the uplifting Fall Festival – that we may enjoy fellowship, work to reach out, and find success in doing something a little differently.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that the home of an upright man, even if it is only a tent, is more secure for eternity than the grand-looking home of a wicked man. The house of the wicked will be destroyed but the tent of the upright will flourish. Proverbs 14:11 ESV