Announcements: October 13, 2019
- Next Sunday – Please join us for worship at one of our regularly scheduled services.
- Congratulations to Yunhui and Lingjin Zhao (M) on the birth of their daughter on September 29, 2019.
- New Members will be received into the church on Thanksgiving Sunday, November 24, 2019. If you are considering baptism, confession of faith or transfer of membership, please contact one of the pastors so you may be scheduled for membership classes.
- Many Thanks to all who participated in last week’s fundraiser for the Chinatown Service Center – the workers, the donors, and those who attended. More than $4500 was received from both the day’s events as well as mail donations. Your contributions are welcome and appreciated throughout the year as we serve the community around us!
- Saturday English Program Needs A Coordinator If you could serve God and the community leading this activity, please contact Community Services Committee Chair, Mei-Ye Wong, or Walter or Shirley Woo. The program can only be continued if a coordinator is found.
- 2020 Official Board Election will be held on Sunday, October 27 immediately after the English worship service in the sanctuary. Members should make sure the office has your current address as the ballots will be mailed soon. As stated in the Church By-Laws, nominations for the Board may be accepted from the floor at the election meeting if the candidate has been a member of the church for at least a year, has consented to serve, and has not just served for four consecutive years. Please be in prayer for the candidates considering to serve and the election process.
- Operation Christmas Child Start thinking about how you may spread the gospel to children around the world who do not know Jesus. The Sunday School children will be packing shoeboxes soon, but the rest of the congregation is also encouraged to pack shoeboxes of gifts or bring small gift items of your own. More information will be coming soon.
- Pardon the dust! The Official Board-approved renovation project is a few weeks away from completion. Included is a complete renovation of our basement Sunday School classrooms and office update. During this process, the church office and the Chinatown Service Center will operate from the fellowship hall during the week. Please stay away from construction areas.