Prayers: Week of October 13, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that our fate rests in Your capable hands. Help us let Your hands be the Master Potter.
- Thank you, Lord, for the colors of fall.
- Thank you, Lord, for loving me first so that I know how to love You and others. 1 John 4:19
- Thank you, Lord, for confidence in the midst of crisis.
- Thank you, Lord, for the guidance of Your Word.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health and loved ones you know.
- Pray for those in nursing or needing homebound care. May the change in seasons bring new gladness in their hearts.
- Pray for the Chin family – Helen Wong Chin, wife of Robert Chin peacefully passed away on September 24, 2019. She has been cremated and her remains will be place in Arlington Cemetery.
- Pray for courage to be an obedient believer so others may be blessed by our peacefulness.
- Pray for our children’s spiritual inheritance.
- Pray that we might be God’s good servants, available to someone who may need a bit of our time.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray our that we may join the heavens in offering our worship to God. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Psalm 19:1 ESV
- Pray for our church continue to invite people in so that we may demonstrate the love of Christ.
- Pray for the ongoing work of the Chinatown Service Center.
- Pray for our membership classes in progress and those still being planned.
- Pray that God will guide those who have consented to serve as leaders in the church for 2020.
- Pray that we be good stewards of all that God has entrusted to our care.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that often conflicts arise not because our views may be so different but because our temperament of pride and passion encourages confrontation. A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1 ESV Let us learn to speak with one another without sharp edges of sarcasm or trying to score points in an argument.