Announcements: December 8, 2019
- Next Sunday Please join us for our regularly scheduled worship services.
- Pastor Joanna will be in China until December 18th visiting her father who is in failing health. Pray for the family, that Joanna’s father will trust the Lord with his life and that the family will find peace in this trial. Please contact Pastor Charles, Pastor Josh, or the church office if you need pastoral care.
- CHINESE MISSION CONFERENCE Ambassadors for Christ and partner churches are sponsoring a missions conference with sessions in English and Chinese for adults, students and children, designed to equip everyone to reach the world for Christ. December 27-31 at Baltimore Convention Center. See bulletin board or https://www.cmc2019.org/ or Pastor Charles for registration information and details
- New Adult English Sunday School Series Begins Soon: We will begin another course in the That the World May Know Series with renowned teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan – Death and Resurrection of the Messiah: Bringing God’s Shalom to a World in Chaos. Come and join us Sunday mornings at 9:30 am in Room 304.
- Poinsettia Orders for Christmas Poinsettias to decorate the church may be ordered using the form in the bulletin. Cost is $10 per plant and deadline is December 15. Please give completed form and payment to Linda Wong or Kam Woo.
- Combined Federal Campaign You may donate for the work of the Service Center through the Combined Federal Campaign, Fund #34868 or a check made out to the Chinatown Service Center.
- Children’s Christmas Pageant at the Candlelight Service, December 21. Preparations have started for this year’s Sunday School Christmas Pageant. If you or your child would like to be a participant, please contact Margaret Woo [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Dress Rehearsals for the children are Sunday Dec. 8 and 15 at 1 pm and Saturday, Dec. 21, 4:00 pm before caroling and the church-wide Potluck Dinner.
- Emergency Schedule Changes In the event of worship service schedule changes due to inclement weather, please listen to WTOP (News 9) or go online to https://wtop.com/closings-and-delays/ for announcements. Additionally, we will post changes on the church website or give a call through the phone tree. If you are not currently on a phone tree list and would like to be, please leave your name and phone number with an usher or email to email@example.com.
- Altar Flowers for 2020 If you would like to donate the altar flowers for a particular Sunday next year, please sign up on the chart on the HMH bulletin board. Cost is $20 per vase. It’s a nice way to remember a loved one or special occasion.
- Donate to CCC while you shop!
Amazon will donate .5% of what you spend on eligible purchases to the
charity of your choice. You just have to
shop from the https://smile.amazon.com website and
select Chinese Community Church of Washington as the recipient of the
donation. The same Amazon products and
prices are on this website as on the regular Amazon site.