Prayers: Week of December 8, 2019
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for everyday miracles.
- Thank you, Lord, for rest in you. Matthew 11:28
- Thank you, Lord, that you are greater than my worried heart. 1 John 3:20
- Thank you, Lord, for your amazing grace.
- Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to see the majesty of another sunrise each day.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for comfort for those in nursing or needing homebound care.
- Thank God for keeping watch over Esther, Pastor Josh, and Caleb as they wait on the arrival of baby girl Cho.
- Pray for Brother Wang and the entire Samuel Pollard community as they celebrate their Thanksgiving today.
- Pray for those struggling with winter weather hazards.
- Pray for our country as she struggles with issues nationally and internationally.
- Pray that others may witness our joy and peace and come to know Jesus is their eternal hope.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we may worship like Mary understanding how God esteems us even when we don’t deserve it. “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name… Luke 1:46-49
- Pray for our Christmas activities and worship services, that they will reveal the character of Jesus.
- Pray for the painting crews and Trustees as they put the finishing touches on the renovated rooms and prepare them for use.
- Pray for our pastors as they strive to teach, encourage, and impart God’s wisdom in all situations. Pray for good health and perseverance.
- Pray for Pastor Joanna and the Mandarin congregation as they look to God for guidance to do His will while they are apart.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that it is more heroic to use God’s wisdom and strength for self-control than battling to conquer a city. It is better to be patient than powerful. It is better to win control over yourself than over whole cities. Proverbs 16:32 GNT