Announcements: January 26, 2020
- Next Sunday please join us for our first-Sunday-of-the-month, Joint Communion Worship Service at 10:45 am in the sanctuary. All Sunday School classes will meet at 9:30 am and translation headsets will be available at 10:30 am in the narthex for listening to the service in Chinese. Membership Committee invites everyone on behalf of CCC to a special Lunar New Year Luncheon at 12:30 pm in the Hung Memorial Hall. Please come for worship and then greet our special guests during lunch.
- Pastor Charles will be returning from vacation at the end of the week. If you are in need of pastoral care, please contact the church office.
- Lunch Program We are in need of people to host lunch – arrange to buy ingredients, prepare food, cook, serve and clean-up. The Kitchen Committee is ready to help you plan and provide assistance as needed with the whole process. Sign-up is on the kitchen hallway bulletin board. See David Wong, Wally Lew or Xiaojing Cheng for instructions and planning.
- Go Fund Me Support Philip Lee, a member of CCC, is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer. His workplace has started a Go Fund Me fundraiser to help with expenses. If you would like to contribute, please click on the link. https://www.gofundme.com/f/rally-behind-phil-lee. Phil indicates that the treatment is shrinking his tumors and he is in good spirits and not needing anything else for now, but thankful for everyone’s support and prayers. See Nelson Kee for more information.
- Contribution Statements for 2019 are available for pick-up from Helen Wong or Rita Wong during the fellowship hour. If you have questions, please see one of them or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offering Box Sets We have a few boxes of pre-dated offering envelopes for use in 2020. Please see Helen Wong if you would like a box.
- Emergency Schedule Changes In the event of worship service schedule changes due to inclement weather, please listen to WTOP (News 9) or go online to https://wtop.com/closings-and-delays/ for announcements. Additionally, we will post changes on the church website or give a call through the phone tree. If you are not currently on a phone tree list and would like to be, please leave your name and phone number with an usher or email to email@example.com.
- Altar Flowers for 2020 If you would like to donate the altar flowers for a particular Sunday this year, please sign up on the chart on the HMH bulletin board. Cost is $20 per vase. It’s a nice way to remember a loved one or special occasion.
- Adult English Sunday School Class, Room 304 at 9:30 am. Currently studying Death and Resurrection of the Messiah: Bringing God’s Shalom to a World in Chaos from That the World May Know Series with renowned teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan.