Prayers: Week of January 26, 2020
Prayer and praise will be our power house: ‘“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” We urge all believers to raise up the church in prayers, expecting God to move and act. The church staff will be praying over these requests every Wednesday from 11:45 am – 12 noon. Please join them wherever you are to uphold CCC and her people in prayer. Additional requests may be submitted to the pastors.
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that you do not ever forget me. Isaiah 49:15
- Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayers and cries. Psalm 6
- Thank you, Lord, for working out even small details for my good.
- Thank you, Lord, for magical sunsets.
- Thank you, Lord, for restoring me to your good graces.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health and others struggling with medical treatment and recovery.
- Pray for God’s peace for those in nursing or needing homebound care.
- Pray that Pastor Josh, Esther, and Caleb may trust God with any anxious moments as they wait for Chloe to be born, knowing that His timing will be perfect.
- Pray for containment and effective treatment of the dangerous new virus spreading so rapidly in the world.
- Pray for those who do not feel so joyful. Pray that believers will be able to encourage them with the love and hope of the real joy of knowing Jesus!
- Pray for those who need help with bringing order to their days.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we worship God with joy and love for He is worthy of praise. Oh sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things! Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises! Psalm 98:1, 4
- Pray that we learn to slow down or to hurry our steps following only God’s bidding.
- Pray that God will raise up new coworkers to accomplish all we wish to do to glorify God. No matter what size the task, ask God what He wants each of us to do. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1 NIV
- Pray for outreach activities planned in conjunction with the Lunar New Year.
- Pray for excitement and unity as we plan what we can do to reach people for Jesus this year!
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded it is wise to avoid offending those close to us at all costs for it is very difficult to reconcile a deep hurt. The invisible walls of estrangement are stronger than iron gates. An insulted brother is harder to win back than a city with strong walls. Arguments separate people like the strong bars of a palace gate. Proverbs 18:19 ERV