Prayers: March 15, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that when we are gripped with fear, we have King David’s example of fixing our eyes on God to gain a right perspective of the problem. The threat may be real, but the One who is with us and for us is bigger than that which is against us.
- Thank you, Lord, that you promised we are not alone, I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalm 32:8
- Thank you, Lord, for the example of faithfulness of several nonagenarians in our church; Thank you, Lord, for sunshine and warmth.
- Thank God that though my mind and my body may grow weak, God is my strength;and all that I will ever need. Psalm 73:26
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health.
- Pray for God’s peace for those in nursing or needing homebound care.
- Pray for Melinda Hom-Williams and Brandon Babb, missionaries in Africa, that God would breath fresh air into them as changes in staffing have added more to their workload.
- Pray for containment and effective treatment for those with coronavirus. Ask God to allay our fears during this time when the virus has touched people close to us. Pray for areas in the world where the virus has altered daily life of whole regions. Pray for our brothers and sisters whose economic livelihood has been affected by the virus.
- Pray for those with job issues, pray for perseverance and God’s guidance on how to respond.
- Pray for our college students who are facing distractions and roadblocks to their education this semester.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we develop a habit of worship that is pleasing to God, that we may be ready when He comes again. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water. Revelation 14:7
- Pray that we may still be the “light” that God meant us to be in the community despite reduced activities and schedule changes.
- Thank God that our community has been encouraged by the Mayor’s office and the police department who are concerned for our welfare.
- Pray that we be diligent in our job in God’s Kingdom to be seed sowers, allowing God to make things grow. Mark 4:26-27
- Pray for more tust and obedience to the Lord, not for more understanding to meet our own satisfaction.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that we easily justify that our way is right, but God evaluates the motivation in our hearts to determine what is right. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart. Prov 21:2 ESV
- 為在非洲的宣教士 Melinda Hom-Williams and Brandon Babb 禱告，求神差遣新的同工和更多的事工。
- 讓我們的敬拜是使神喜悅，隨時等候主的再來。他大聲說：「應當敬畏神，將榮耀歸給他，因他施行審判的時候已經到了！應當敬拜那創造天、地、海和眾水泉源的！」–啓示錄14: 7