Prayers: March 22, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that You promise to deliver us from all our fears.
- Thank you, Lord, that Your arms are long enough to reach us. Isaiah 59:1
- Thank you, Lord, that you watch over us because You love us. Psalm 121
- Thank you Lord, for this promise: You said if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, You said then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. You said, Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayers… 2 Chronicles 7:13-15. Hear our confession that we often fall short of the expectation You have for us as your sons and daughters. Forgive our sin. Heal our land, as we stand appeal to you not only for ourselves but also for our nation.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health, especially from COVID-19 or ongoing illness.
- Pray for God’s peace for those in nursing or needing homebound care.
- Pray for containment and effective treatment for coronavirus. Pray for each person who has been infected, is working to treat the patients, or is working for a cure. Pray for those whose economic situation has been drastically affected by everyone sheltering at home. Pray for safety for those who must still go out and work.
- Pray for those who are not used to the whole family being at home for an extended priod. Pray that God will guide this time for the family to grow closer to each other and to Him.
- Pray for those who in normal times do not have a place to shelter.
- Pray for our missionaries who serve in sometimes hostile or dangerous environments and now have to deal with the coronavirus.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we are faithful in worshiping our one, true God. If you worship me, the Lord your God, I will bless you with food and water and take away all your sicknesses. Exodus 23:25
- Pray that we may look after one another during this crisis.
- Pray that we may place our trust in God during this difficult time for there is no other that can be more powerful or who can give us peace.
- Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Prayer is one of the best ways we can serve one another (per Pastor Josh).
- Pray for our church walking through this uncharted territory – that we believers may hear clearly what we are called to do and that our leaders may recognize God’s leading.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that we must do what is right and fair in God’s eyes, not what we selfishly would rather do. Do what is right and fair; that pleases the Lord more than bringing him sacrifices.. Prov 21:3 GNT
- 爲著您的應許我們感謝主！歷代誌下7: 13-15中说：這稱為我名下的子民，若是自卑，禱告，尋求我的面，轉離他們的惡行，我必從天上垂聽，赦免他們的罪，醫治他們的地。我必睜眼看、側耳聽在此處所獻的禱告。 求您聽您兒女的懺悔，我們常常使你失望；求您饒恕我們的罪，當我們站立，為我們自己也為這個國家呼求您的名，求您醫治這地。
- 讓我們用心靈和誠實敬拜我們唯一的真神。你們要侍奉耶和華你們的神，他必賜福於你的糧與你的水，也必從你們中間除去疾病。–出埃及記23: 25
- 曺牧師說：禱告是服侍人最好的方式之一。在帖撒羅尼迦前書5: 16-18中說：要常常喜樂，不住地禱告，凡事謝恩，因為這是神在基督耶穌裡向你們所定的旨意。