Prayers: April 12, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that because Jesus’ tomb is empty today, mine will one day be, too.
- Thank you, Lord, for peace because I trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
- Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness, always blessing your people even in the midst of difficulty.
- Thank you, Lord, for countless service providers who are going above and beyond to take care of us.
- Thank you Lord, for carrying our loved ones through illness.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health, especially those quarantining from exposure to COVID-19 or those with other health concerns made more difficult to address due to the coronavirus.
- Pray for those in nursing or homebound care who are cut off from their loved ones.
- Pray for containment and effective treatment for coronavirus. Pray for each person who is sick and protect each person who is not. Pray for wisdom for our leaders as they address keeping the nation safe and economic uncertainty. Pray for those working in different aspects of the pandemic – taking care of those infected, searching for treatment and cure, determining the best way for the nation to respond. Pray for those in essential jobs who have high risks for being exposed to the virus, especially those known to our church family.
- Pray for everyone in our community to take the measures of social distancing and frequent handwashing seriously.
- Pray for our loved ones who could use a hug of prayer or a phone call.
- Pray for patience as we and those around us adjust to a new pattern of living.
- Pray for those who are struggling with loss of job, finances, relationships, day-to-day living.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we worship God because even when we didn’t deserve it, He has saved us. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long. Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens, you who have done great things. Who is like you, God? My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you— I whom you have delivered. Psalm 71:8, 19, 23 NIV
- Pray that we will be obedient to God in small things so that additive experiences will give us the faith to do even bigger things for God.
- Pray for our pastors – for the perseverance and wisdom to minister to the congregation in new ways.
- Pray for our church and those who used to regularly fill its walls will be protected from the pandemic.
- Pray for forward and proactive thinking on how to plant seeds of faith now and in the future.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that viewing ourselves in humility and viewing God with respect and submission will lead us to spiritual wealth. True humility and respect for the Lord lead a man to riches, honor, and long life. Prov 22:4 NKJV