Growing in our relationship with Jesus is little like a blend of skydiving and running a marathon.
In the first activity, you depend completely upon a functioning cloth canopy as you fall toward earth. That is something like the way faith in the finished work and forgiveness of Christ releases us to freely enjoy the view as we trust in Him and in His sovereign methods for maturing us.
In the second exercise, we must train hard in preparation for the long race, in the same way that we must learn discipline and perseverance in our lifetime of daily walks with the Lord.
In other words, we are saved by grace, but grow through loving, daily obedience.
Below are some excellent sources for deepening your faith. Combined with intimate prayer and a steady diet of God’s Word, these links will open up a whole new world. Blessings!
- Our Daily Bread
- Discovery Series online booklets
- The Navigators
- Blue Letter Bible
- Bible Study Tools
- Straight answers for skeptics and truth seekers
- Helpful spiritual assessment tools
- Online broadcasts and lessons
- Ravi Zacharias International Ministries – the intersection of faith and reason