Prayers: February 14, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that You are in control, not me. 1 Chronicles 29:11
- Thank you, Lord, for listening to my dreams and my fears.
- Thank you, Lord, for providing things I do not deserve.
- Thank you, Lord, for being Love. 1 John 4:8
- Thank you, Lord, for the wisdom I find in your Word.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Those with ongoing health concerns. Pray for patience and trust in God’s healing. Pray for rest and peace for family members who stand by with anxiousness.
- Those in nursing or homebound care – that the day will come soon when they are not isolated from loved ones
- For those facing the negative impact of COVID-19 either medically, financially or emotionally. Pray that we may not lose our hope as we wait for the pandemic to be resolved.
- For the family of Pastor Dan Ho from Houston. Pastor Dan Ho was called home by the Lord this past Friday.
- For those enduring hardship due to winter storms
- That we respond to God’s love by sharing it with others: A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another (John 13:34-35)
Pray for CCC:
- For our members to persevere in these pandemic conditions, always reflecting the light of Jesus
- For continued ministry planning knowing that the trials of the pandemic will pass
- For the safety and ministries of our missionaries especially those who serve in places of unrest
- That we become better at resolving conflict as the Holy Spirit produces self-control, gentleness, and patience within us.
- That as we enter the season of Lent, may we use these “desert days of the pandemic” to reflect and change so that our hearts are more like Jesus and we are ready to give control of our lives to God and receive His eternal hope.
- That we continue to worship faithfully, letting the message of Christ dwell among us richly as we teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in our hearts. Colossians 3:16
To Think About: Let us focus on the majesty and power of our Father, the one who created all things and has never failed to take care of us in the past, is continually with us in the present and will continue to love us into heaven in the future. Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. Psalm 28:6 NIV How comforting to know in an age when those around us fail to listen, that God always hears us.
- Dan Ho 牧師於星期五下午已安息主懷。 請為他的家人禱告。
- 當我們進入大齋節期時，我們可以利用“新冠大流行的曠野地時日”來反思和改變，讓我們從內心更像耶穌，做好準備將生命的控制權交給上帝，接受他永恆的盼望 。
思考：讓我們注目於天父上帝的威嚴和大能，他創造萬物、從前一直看顧我們，現在仍然與我們同在，並將持續愛我們，直到將來我們進入天國。耶和華是應當稱頌的！因為他聽了我懇求的聲音（詩篇 28：6）。 令人感到莫大安慰的是：在我們的心聲被周圍人忽略的時代