February 19, 2023
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- Thank you, Lord, that You are with us for whatever we encounter in our day.
- Thank you, Lord, for people who encourage us with a hopeful attitude and peaceful disposition.
- Thank you, Lord, for the home I have in You.
- Our hearts are broken for the people of Turkey and Syria experiencing such devastation from the earthquake. May those who are acting as God’s hands and feet bring hope in Jesus’ name to those who are left behind.
- May we who are saved by grace respond with graceful deeds.
- Help us to use the one life that we have not to live as we please, but as God pleases. Acts 20:24
- Pray for comfort, recovery, strength, and your Presence, Lord, for those in cyclone and winter storm areas.
- Lord, there is much to be done in our church and community – lead us to seek the work that will best make You known.
- We cannot control the circumstances of our lives, but we can control our response to them. We pray that our response may reflect the gifts of the Spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Galatians 5:22
- Help us, Lord, to be quiet when we are in a circumstance of darkness that we may hear Your voice – help us remove ourselves from the noise of others’ voices and refrain from seeking answers on our own. Isaiah 49:2
- We pray for loved ones in our families living through difficult times – health concerns, loss of loved ones, financial worries, job struggles, relationship problems, loneliness, and other stressors – as we place all things in the hands of our all-knowing and powerful Father, may peace and calm help them overcome.
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.