April 30, 2023
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- Thank you, Lord, for the quiet of the morning when we may hear your voice most clearly.
- Thank you, Lord, that when we are repentant, You forgive our sins, heal us of our faithlessness, and toss away your anger because your love is endless. Hosea 14:4
- Thank you, Lord, that your compassion never fails.
- Thank you, Lord, for the myriad of sensations we experience from your creation.
- Pray that we allow God to be creative in our lives and meet with Him daily to find out what He has planned.
- May we join the scores of people around America on the National Day of Prayer (May 4) fervently inviting God to intervene in our nation and His will be done. Lead us to pray faithful, nation-building, people-changing prayers that turn America’s hearts from evil agendas that bring about death and draw all people into the arms of a loving God who is our only true hope, help, love, and Lord. God is the One who gave us this promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” As we humbly and diligently seek Him, we’ll be changed, and we’ll see transformation in America through prayer! Pray for our nation in these areas:
- Government – Pray that God will grant wisdom and resolve to act with integrity to our leaders. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Military – help service men and women to see God at work in their service, to make wise decisions based on Biblical principles, and for strength and peace for military family members left at home. 2 Chronicles 32:6-8
- Media – for media to engage in projects which are uplifting and based on Biblical principles. Philippians 4:8
- Business – may business leaders be full of integrity, of great character, humble in spirit and heart; and that the workforce be committed to excellence and unity. Colossians 3:17
- Education – pray for our children to grow in knowledge and wisdom; for parents to take an active role in the academic, spiritual and emotional formation of their children, and for children to learn the value of learning and seeking God’s will rather than falling into despair and hopelessness. Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- Church – use Your church to be a beacon of light and hope for a dying world; fill her members with the Holy Spirit so that she senses the urgency to share the gospel with whatever talents given to them. Matthew 28:18-20
- Family – help us to stay committed to the divine structure you have for families – couples, parents, children, extended families; help us put effort into building healthy families where faith and love for Christ are taught and encouraged. Romans 12:9-13
- Pray for those going through struggles of poor health, finances, relationships, and emotional stress.
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.