Prayers: April 5, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of simplicity. Staying at home means less distraction from the world.
- Thank you, Lord, that I may rest in Your shadow and know that I am safe. Psalm 91
- Thank you, Lord, that I can see you moving in and out of our chaos.
- Thank you, Lord, for inspiring me with green – so many shades in the grass, plants, and the trees.
- Thank you Lord, that You have prepared us for such turmoil and tragedy through the promises of your Word.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health, especially those quarantining from exposure to COVID-19 or those with other health concerns made more difficult to address due to the coronavirus.
- Pray for those in nursing or homebound care who are cut off from their loved ones.
- Pray for containment and effective treatment for coronavirus. Pray for each person who is sick and protect each person who is not. Pray for wisdom for our leaders as they address keeping the nation safe and economic uncertainty. Pray for those working in different aspects of the pandemic – taking care of those infected, searching for treatment and cure, determining the best way for the nation to respond. Pray for those in essential jobs who have high risks for being exposed to the virus, especially those known to our church family.
- Pray that we encourage others with acts of kindness and say a prayer for each one we know in any kind of need, especially spiritual.
- Pray for families who are working, studying, and carrying out normal activities of daily living all together in the confines of the home!
- Pray for those dealing with additional “struggles” aside from those brough about by coronavirus.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we continue to worship God because we know that when all seems gone, God is still here. Even though the fig trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no grain, even though the sheep all die and the cattle stalls are empty, I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18 GNT
- Pray for the global Church to continue to bring unity and hope through trust in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for our church to persevere, that when we come back together, we can share how God made us stronger. Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
- Pray for our senior members, that the disruption to their routines, will not cause frustration or despair.
- Pray for wisdom in knowing how to address the needs of individuals during this crisis, immediate and long-term.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that speaking without thinking can result in words that we didn’t mean to say. Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles. Prov 21:23 NKJV
- 感謝主使我們得蒙祂的保守，讓我們知道是安全的 （诗篇91）。
- 為我們教會在疫情中的持守禱告，使我們在疫情結束后，可以一起分享神藉著難處如何堅固了我們的信仰。我們不致消滅，是出於耶和華諸般的慈愛，是因他的憐憫不至斷絕。每早晨這都是新的，你的誠實極其廣大。（耶利米哀歌 3：22-23）