Prayers: April 19, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that Jesus was obedient and chose to do Your will so that I might live.
- Thank you, Lord, for courageous men and women serving to keep our community safe.
- Thank you, Lord, for never growing weary and passing on Your strength to me. Isaiah 40
- Thank you, Lord, that seeking Your wisdom has its benefits – seeing things from Your perspective; divine guidance and protection.
- Thank you Lord, for the beauty of Your creation – the gift of a new day, whatever it brings.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray for healing and strength for those in fragile health, especially those quarantining from exposure to COVID-19 or those with other health concerns made more difficult to address due to the coronavirus.
- Pray for those in nursing or homebound care who are cut off from their loved ones or fearful that coronavirus will invade their spaces.
- Pray for containment and effective treatment for coronavirus. Pray for each person who is sick and protect each person who is not. Pray for wisdom for our leaders as they address keeping the nation safe and economic uncertainty. Pray for those working in different aspects of the pandemic – taking care of those infected, searching for treatment and cure, determining the best way for the nation to respond. Pray for those in essential jobs who have high risks for being exposed to the virus, especially those known to our church family.
- Pray for those suffering through weather storms compounded by the pandemic.
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones.
- Pray for our families for whom staying at home adds different stressors to the day.
- Pray for those who can’t see tomorrow because they are overwhelmed today – illness, loss of job, financial difficulty, depression, trying to meet needs in quarantine conditions.
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that when our world is hurting, we do not forget to keep our eyes focused on God. O God, you are my God, and I long for you. My whole being desires you; like a dry, worn-out, and waterless land, my soul is thirsty for you. Psalm 63:1 GNT
- Pray for wisdom for our Official Board as they plan for the rest of the year with moving parameters.
- Pray for our pastors – for the perseverance and wisdom to minister to the congregation in new ways.
- Pray for our missionaries who are facing the same pandemic challenges as we as well as a resistant environment in which to share the gospel. Thank God for those who choose to continue in their ministry despite the hardships.
- Pray for positivity and courage, armed with God’s power, to share what Jesus has done for those who turn over their lives to Him.
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that spending time to discover a child’s abilities and guiding them to be used in God’s service should lead to a an adult wise in God’s eyes. Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 ESV