Prayers: September 20, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for grandparents passing on their wisdom and love.
- Thank you, Lord, for giving your people courage to be frontline workers.
- Thank you, Lord, for cool breezes.
- Thank you, Lord, for people who have encouraged me in my spiritual walk. Philippians 1:3
- Thank you, Lord, that You are able to soar above, plunge beneath, and step over the troubles of the earth! Matthew 19:26
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Those with ongoing health concerns, those making progress toward recovery, those learning to adapt to new normals
- Those in nursing or homebound care. Thank God for their caregivers who also take on roles of family members.
- Those who are weary from taking care of endless patients sick from the virus, from fighting fires, from rescuing people from storms, from trying to keep peace among people who are angry. Thank God for giving them courage and strength to persevere in what they do.
- That we may be patient in trusting You to work on a positive response to COVID-19.
- That those who fear You may be elected to office
- For our missionaries who carry the burden of meeting needs of their own families as well as the spiritual futures of those who have not heard about Jesus
- That we may see a purpose to our times of waiting – developing skills, confidence, trust and wisdom to discern right timing
- For those who struggle with meeting every day needs of food and shelter
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we may worship God throughout the day as He fills each one with His presence As we praise more, may our eyes be opened to seeing Him more. My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day. Psalm 71:8
- For the new virtual English and Citizenship classes. May students witness the love of God through this service.
- Thank God for cheerful givers who sustain the work of the church
- That God lets us know when the time is right to return to worship in His sanctuary. Pray for peace and calm in our hearts as we seek Him where He leads us.
- For the planning and outreach of the Chinese retreat in October.
- For those performing not only ministry tasks but also learning new technology skills
- For courage to think outside the box, beyond the way we always do things, because with God all things are possible
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that God will deal with those who lead good people astray. We must be sure to know God’s path as we influence others to know Him. Those who lead good people along an evil path will fall into their own trap, but the honest will inherit good things. Proverbs 28:10 NLT