Prayers: September 27, 2020
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for providing what I have needed in the past and reminding me that You will not stop providing now.
- Thank you, Lord, that no amount of darkness will hide your light.
- Thank you, Lord, for making me brave when I accept your power in my life.
- Thank you, Lord, for the beauty of creation that brings me hope.
- Thank you, Lord, for leading me to green pastures and quiet waters as I am frantic wandering around on my own. Ps 23:2
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Those with ongoing health concerns, those making progress toward recovery, those learning to adapt to new normals
- Those in nursing or homebound care. Thank God for alert caregivers who are creative in making the lives entrusted to them as normal and safe as possible.
- For the strength to soar like eagles in whatever task you have called all of us to do
- That we may direct our children to the path they should take by walking the same route.
- That those in despair may begin the rebuilding process first with a right relationship with God and a helping hand from all of us who may lend one
- That we may be faithful in whispering a prayer for anyone or any situation at any time when we see a need for God
- That we may reach out to let someone know they never have to suffer in the dark on their own
- For folks who must go outside their homes to work
Pray for CCC:
- Pray that we may be faithful in our worship because He is deserving! Sing to the Lord, all the world! Proclaim every day the good news that he has saved us. Proclaim his glory to the nations, his mighty deeds to all peoples. The Lord is great and is to be highly praised; he is to be honored more than all the gods. 1 Chronicles 16:23-25
- That we may keep our eye focused on the goal of winning souls for Christ, and not on any obstacles along the way.
- To provide church to those we meet in our every day because church is not just a building to go to, but something we are.
- For the English congregation to have a smooth transition to the new Zoom platform for worship
- That the Chinese retreat will provide both encouragement and instruction in our walk with God
- For the work of the Trustees in keeping our building safe and secure
- That God’s will be done in the leadership election process of our church
To Think About: In Proverbs, God’s guide to living, we are reminded that having a right relationship with God starts with confessing things that God is not pleased about in our lives. People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. Proverbs 28:13 NLT