Prayers: January 17, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for the warm sunshine on a cold, winter’s day.
- Thank you, Lord, that I feel Your Presence as I go about my day.
- Thank you, Lord, for the Holy Spirit who intercedes on my behalf with You. Romans 8:26-27
- Thank you, Lord, for helping me to see that You are bigger than any problem I face today.
- Thank you, Lord, for both good and bad days for each gives You a way to mold me into someone more like Jesus.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Those with ongoing health concerns. Pray for the Lord’s strength..
- Those in nursing or homebound care
- For the COVID-19 vaccination process to run as efficiently as possible
- For recovery for those suffering from COVID-19. Pray for enough resources for care
- For the smooth transition to new national leadership during inauguration week.
- For those suffering the effects of winter storms
- For help to get to those who need it whether it be shelter, food, or peace in one’s heart
- For someone in our family or friend circle who does not know Jesus
Pray for CCC:
- To throw off complacency and determine to do a new thing for God this year
- For everyone to find a place to serve in CCC’s ministry (including prayer warriors and encouragers)
- For our missionaries as they plan and hope this new year will have fewer obstacles than last year which prevent the gospel from being spread. Pray for their safety, finances, and families.
- For our children as they adapt to new ways of learning, playing, and being with family. Pray that we may take every opportunity to teach them about the character of God.
- To make a habit of inviting someone to worship with us.
- Thank God for coworkers behind the scenes whose efforts make our ministries possible.
To Think About: Let us focus on the majesty and power of our Father, the one who created all things and has never failed to take care of us in the past, is continually with us in the present and will continue to love us into heaven in the future. And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.. 1 John 5:11-12 This is but one place in God’s Word that He has promised us salvation from the law of sin and death.