Prayers: March 14, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that Your mercies are new every morning.
- Thank you, Lord, for peaceful nights of rest.
- Thank you, Lord, for parents, especially moms of young children for whom the pandemic has added even more tasks to an already full list.
- Thank you, Lord, that the beauty of the day distracted me from my routine so I could contemplate your power and majesty instead.
- Thank you, Lord, for Your care for me. You keep me and watch over me. Help me to do the same for others.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Those with ongoing health concerns will trust in the healing power and plans of God
- Those in nursing or homebound care – that they will know contentment from the Lord
- For those who are weary
- That God will work in the hearts of those who don’t know they need a Savior; that we may encourage those who are disheartened because they have no hope
- To know they can call on God to restore our land because He is greater than this world
- For our pastors, missionaries, and lay leaders to be safe, inspired, and empowered by the Holy Spirit
- To know what is important to keep on our daily ‘to do’ lists
- For each of us to examine ourselves, that we are loving one another, as Christ first loved us. John 13:34-35
Pray for CCC:
- To concentrate on turning unexpected situations into opportunities to give God glory
- That God will germinate His Word in us to be examples of salt and light
- To turn matters over to God instead of insisting on our own way
- That God will teach us to use whatever gift we have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace. 1 Peter 4:10
- That we may, like Jesus, use this pandemic as a season of training in the wilderness to equip ourselves for ministry
- That in our Lenten journey, we may reflect on being like Jesus as he was throughout his ministry – exhibiting gentleness in action and word. Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. We are called to be peacemakers and exhibit this fruit of the Spirit as we walk in the world.
To Think About: Let us focus on the majesty and power of our Father, the one who created all things and has never failed to take care of us in the past, is continually with us in the present and will continue to love us into heaven in the future. “May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:19-20 NLT We think we know what we want or need, but God goes beyond our expectations.
- 讓我們各人審視自己，我們當彼此相愛，因爲主耶穌先愛了我們。約翰福音 13:34-35
- 在大齋節期，讓我們反思並學習耶穌在祂整個事工中所作的榜樣，像祂那樣言行柔和（馬太福音11:29）。求主幫助我們在世行事爲人，體現聖靈的果子，可以被世人稱爲帶來和平的人 。