Prayers: June 6, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you Lord, for freedom to worship you and for those who have bravely served our country in our defense.
- Thank you, Lord, that you know about sacrifice. You sacrificed your life for my freedom from the law of sin and death.
- Thank you, Lord, for putting others in my life who are in a position to offer helpful advice when I need it.
- Thank you, Lord, for the beauty and calm of a sunny, spring day.
- Thank you, Lord, for loving me, forgiving me, and never letting me go. You are the reason for the hope that I have.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For those who are dealing with illness and health issues. Pray for positive thinking because they know God is in control.
- For those who mourn, pray that God will comfort them through family, friends and His peace.
- For those who are frustrated by too much to do or think about
- That we may practice self-restraint in order to encourage others to follow Jesus’ example of humility
- For our missionaries whose ministries have been impacted by COVID, unrest, and fear. Pray that they will not lose hope in accomplishing God’s work.
- For grace to handle the trials of the day in peace and calm and so influence those around us to experience the love of God
- For those suffering in weather extremes
- For those with difficult decisions to make
Pray for CCC:
- “Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;” Psalm 95:6
- For forgiveness when our impatience causes our failure to trust in God
- That God will show us what we need to learn and do
- That our teens will experience the love and joy of knowing God as they gather together
- That we learn to move at the speed of Jesus for his sovereign schedule is different from ours. Pray that we are patient to follow His timetable, not ours.
- That the ultimate outcome of our ministry work displays God’s glory and goodness in ways that are so much greater than our plans.
- For protection from evil plans at work in the world
- For energy and enthusiasm as we plan to return to God’s house in person. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11
To Think About: We often have questions that can rock our faith such as ‘what’s my purpose in life’. Jesus calls us to join him as doctors who make house calls. “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.” Physical sickness and soul sickness are both conditions which need healing before they cause destruction. The Holy Spirit enables us to join Jesus in this task of healing the soul by making disciples. Mark 2:14-17
思考：我們常常遇到足以動搖我們信念的問題，例如：“我人生的目標是什麽？”。耶穌呼召我們加入他的行列，成為登門治病的醫生。“康健的人用不著醫生，有病的人才用得著。我來本不是召義人，乃是召罪人。” 肉體的疾病和心靈的疾病都需要醫治，不然會造成毀滅性的損失。聖靈使我們有能力領人歸主，與耶穌一起醫治靈魂。（ 馬可福音 2:14-17）