Prayers: June 27, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for being the One to whom I can always turn.
- Thank you, Lord, for being the guiding Light to my day. Remind me to use it.
- Thank you, Lord, that You see Jesus in me and not my sin.
- Thank you, Lord, for the increased hours of daylight to enjoy the beauty You have created.
- Thank you, Lord, that I can feel confident and strong because the Holy Spirit lives within me.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For peace and hope for those anticipating surgery or medical treatment
- For those who mourn
- For wisdom for parents to raise children who know and experience God’s truth and love
- For those feeling frustrated because they strayed from the path God planned for them
- That God would take away the grip Satan has on the world; help us to yield only to God’s authority
- For mending of broken relationships
- That we may grow in the face of adversity making positive changes to adjust when our circumstances don’t change
- That we may encourage one another to behave responsibly and live in harmony
- For safety for those going on summer trips or planning more “normal” activities
Pray for CCC:
- Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord! Praise the Lord! Psalm 150:6
- To be ready to do God’s will with renewed energy, not complacency
- For her safe reopening of the church building to visitors and worship
- For her teens to experience fellowship with God and others in the newly-formed group
- That God will fan into flame the gift of faith in us, that we might share boldly the testimony of how He works in our lives
- That God blesses us in ways that we can be a blessing to others even during this turbulent season
- That God will shower wisdom, patience, and love on our pastors to use as they encourage their congregations in ministry
To Think About: We often have questions that can rock our faith such as ‘will everything be ok’? The world can be described as chaotic at times; something is always happening to bring on new anxiety. Jesus reminds us to pay attention to the world around us created by Him, not the world created by people. “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! Luke 12:22-31 God will provide everything we need for He cares for us and works for our good in His plan.