Prayers: July 11, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, for those who have worked tirelessly to save lives in all kinds of disasters.
- Thank you, Lord, I am a new creature in Christ and have parted with my old life that was apart from God (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Thank you, Lord, that You are with me in this journey of life wherever it takes me.
- Thank you, Lord, that I can hear birds singing and leaves rustling again with the departure of the cicadas.
- Thank you, Lord, that I can give hugs again.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For faith that God has a good plan for those anticipating surgery or medical treatment
- For courage for those facing another hard thing in life
- For an alert and sober mind for everyone, in constant touch with Jesus in prayer, so that Satan can’t trick anyone off God’s path for their lives
- That we be kind to one another as a sign that the Holy Spirit is living in us
- For those who are seeking to change something that is not right in their lives, pray for God’s help
- For those who have forgotten how to be hopeful, pray that we might give an encouraging Word
- For God to intervene in the lives of those still affected by the coronavirus
Pray for CCC:
- Let everything that breathes praise the Lord! Psalm 150:6
- That we not allow ourselves to go into “sleep mode’, but be active in doing the work of God. 1 Thessalonians 5
- To plan for the nurturing of every child that God has entrusted to us to save
- To take every step necessary to fulfill collective ministry goals and not jump ahead of God to finish individual plans
- To encourage all to use their gifts to serve in some way in the church
- For her plans to reopen the church building for worship
- For wisdom, strength, safety, and compassion for her pastors and missionaries and their families
- For summer activities that will allow us to reconnect with one another
To Think About: We often have questions that can rock our faith such as ‘what is the meaning of life’? In the parable of the farmer scattering seed Jesus is helping us to understand the heart of God and how things work in His Kingdom. “And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!” Mark 4:1-20. The meaning of life is to keep offering a heart of “fertile” soil to God so as receive and accept His message of redemption by Jesus’ death and resurrection and then be a source of nutrition to others around us so that they may, too, develop fertile soil.
思考：我們常常遇到足以動搖我們信念的問題，例如：“生命的意義是什麽？”。在農夫撒種的比喻中，耶穌幫助我們理解神的心意和天國工作的方式。 “又有落在好土裡的，就發生長大，結實有三十倍的，有六十倍的，有一百倍的。” 生命的意義在於不斷地將我們的心作爲“肥沃”的土壤獻給神，接受並相信耶穌的死和復活救贖世人的福音，然後成為我們周圍其他人的營養來源，使他們也可以，成長為肥沃的土壤。（馬可福音4:1-20）