Prayers: October 3, 2021
Pray in thanksgiving for God’s presence in our lives:
- Thank you, Lord, that I can hear your whispers when I am quiet.
- Thank you, Lord, for teaching me to wait patiently or at least more patiently than I did before.
- Thank you, Lord, for helping me to discover how You turn negative incidents into something good.
- Thank you, Lord, for the beauty of the earth.
- Thank you, Lord, for Jesus, who obeyed Your plan for him by being the final sacrifice needed for my place in heaven.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- For those who are shut-in their homes or nursing facilities
- For those struggling through illness
- For folks taking care of their parents and grandparents.
- That God be present among those who grieve
- For the scientists working on safe ways to overcome the covid infection.
- For the healthcare workers persevering in their jobs caring for those with covid.
- For peace and focus on working toward the common good in our world full of chaos and self-centeredness
- For God to instill wisdom and determination in our missionaries and protect them as they minister in His name
- For those who are lost or struggling, to find their way
- To find ways to do good for someone who is hurting
Pray for CCC:
- To worship with gratitude for salvation that is ours through Jesus-. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me. Psalm 13:5-6
- For the continued smooth and safe transition to in-person worship
- That we may not just preach good deeds, but carry them out
- For the restart of restaurant small group Bible study
- For rest for those who are weary, that they may find renewal and strength in God’s word
- That we may continue to open more study and Sunday School groups safely
- For the work of the Nominating Committee in discerning God’s candidates for Board leadership
- To pray for our plans to align with God’s plan for CCC ministry
To Think About: What’s needed most if we are to be disciples of Christ? Life-Style Worship. We must recognize that God is the object of our worship, Father and Spirit, and we must make both a physical and spiritual connection with Him when we worship. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:23-24 To become mature disciples, we seek to worship in a manner that pleases God because He is the audience. It doesn’t matter that we personally don’t like a particular part of worship, it matters that God is clapping because He sees we are worshiping with our whole hearts, pleased with all that He sees.
- 讓我們的敬拜充滿感恩的心，感謝從耶穌而來的救恩。但我倚靠你的慈爱，我的心因你的救恩快樂。我要向耶和華歌唱，因他用厚恩待我（詩篇13: 5-6）。
思考：我們要成為基督的門徒，最需要什麼？答案就是：在生活中敬拜神。我們必須要認識到：神是我們敬拜的目的，在敬拜中，聖父、聖靈和我們必須在肉體和霛裏與神相連。時候將到，如今就是了，那真正拜父的，要用心靈和誠實拜他，因為父要這樣的人拜他。神是個靈，所以拜他的必須用心靈和誠實拜他（約翰福音 4:23 – 24）。要成為生命成熟的門徒，我們要的敬拜方式應該是討神喜悅，因爲觀衆是神。我們個人不喜歡敬拜中的某個部分不是重要的事情，重要的是：他看到我們用全心投入敬拜，他為我們鼓掌，喜悅他看到的一切。