Prayers: August 21, 2022
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will
sustain you… (Psalm 55:22)
● Thank you Lord, for the many clear and
sunny days which boost our spirits.
● Help us to “throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.” God has a “race
marked out for us,” one in which we must “not grow weary and lose heart” (Hebrews 12: 1-3) We pray
that we do not carry the excess weight of sin in our journey.
● Pray that we may always find quiet times with the Lord even amidst the noisy world.
● May our response to God’s teaching always be devotion not discouragement, for He will always provide
the strength and tools to do His will.
● Pray for patience for those affected by strict COVID restrictions and shutdowns.
● May we bring a spirit of joy to our worship which pleases the Lord. Psalm 92:4
● Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms. Psalm 68:19
● We pray for our church family – for those dealing with health and mobility issues; for those who are
homebound, for those with job and financial worries; for those in broken relationships. May they trust
God when He says, “I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
● We pray for those preparing to be married. May God be the heart of their new families.
● We pray for our Sunday School Department – for teaching to fall on fertile ground, for God to raise up
coworkers in this ministry, for students to experience the Holy Spirit’s nudging in their daily lives.
● We pray for our community, that we may work diligently to foster a safe and loving neighborhood.
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please
see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.