November 27, 2022
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you… (Psalm 55:22)
- Thank you for the Advent season when we are reminded of the hope we have in Jesus. The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine. For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:2,6
- Thank you, Lord, from whom all blessings flow, blessings which we experience abundantly every day. Help us to be still and acknowledge your goodness in all things.
- Thank you, Lord, for adding new members to our church family. Pray that they may be nurtured and nourished as we all work together to build God’s kingdom.
- Increase our faith, so that even though we don’t know where we are being led, we love and know the One Who is leading and can be at peace.
- Help us not to rely on our own energy to accomplish things, but instead be energized by the power that comes from identification with Jesus. We should not stand against God by saying, “I can’t do that,” because he supplies all that we need to do whatever is needed according to His will.
- Pray for the children who will be receiving shoebox gifts around the world.
- Pray that the light of Jesus in us outshines any light found in the world. Lord, fill us with your Spirit so that we may always be ready to share God’s love with others.
- We pray for our church family – for those dealing with health and mobility issues; for those who are homebound; for those with job and financial worries; for those in broken relationships. Our current situation is only temporary – our forever hope is in Jesus. Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! Because of his great mercy he gave us new life by raising Jesus Christ from death. This fills us with a living hope, 4 and so we look forward to possessing the rich blessings that God keeps for his people. He keeps them for you in heaven, where they cannot decay or spoil or fade away. 1 Peter 1:3-4
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.