December 11, 2022
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you… (Psalm 55:22)
- Thank you for the Advent season when we are reminded of the joy we have in Jesus, whose sacrifice on the cross made us right with God. When they saw the star, they were filled with joy. They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Matthew 2:10-11
- Thank God for the labors of the Official Board – for members who have served well in 2022 and for the work the 2023 Board will do in the new year.
- Pray for the Christmas celebrations at Riderwood (12/11) and Wah Luck House (12/12). May Jesus Christ fill all our hearts!
- Pray for those around the world struggling with the cold of winter, pandemic conditions, lack of daily needs, and hindrances to worshiping freely.
- Pray for safety from viruses and from violence for our community.
- Pray for wisdom for our pastors as they discern what is beneficial and necessary for building up the body of Christ. Pray that we may all find a task to contribute to this effort.
- Thank God for sheltering all who come to Him.
- Help us to remember what the Lord has done for us. The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him. Exodus 15:2
- We pray for our church family – for those dealing with health and mobility issues; for those who are homebound; for those with job and financial worries; for those in broken relationships. God who is love and loves us will work out whatever difficult circumstances we are going through for our good. It (love) does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:6-7
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.