December 18, 2022
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you… (Psalm 55:22)
- Thank you for the Advent season when we are reminded of the love we have in Jesus. “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:16-17 NLT
- Pray that the twinkling lights and joyous sounds of the Christmas season always remind us of the star and the angels singing on the day baby Jesus came to earth to be with us.
- We pray for Your strength as we step out into a cold and hurting world which needs you, Lord. Show us how we may bring glory to You by helping others.
- We cry to You, Father, as we struggle under the burdens of life. Remind us that our help comes from above, from the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 42
- Help us, Lord, not to dwell on understanding all things, but trusting You in all things.
- Pray for our missionaries – for steadfastness to their ministry, security in their daily activities and support from those of us who send them.
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones recently.
- Pray for a new year where we won’t feel afraid leaving our homes to worship in person.
- Pray for the children and young people in our church, that we not neglect teaching and modeling a saved life.
- We pray for visitors to our midst, whether they are stopping a moment in their travels, looking for a new church home, or come at the behest of a friend. God always has a word of encouragement no matter how one comes to be with us.
- We pray for our church family – for those dealing with health and mobility issues; for those who are homebound; for those with job and financial worries; for those in broken relationships. I have heard all about you, Lord. Remember Habakkuk’s prayer: I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy. Habakkuk 3:2
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.