December 25, 2022
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you… (Psalm 55:22)
- Thank you, Lord, for this Christmas Day. As we light the Christ candle, celebrating the end of Advent and the arrival of Christ and Christmas, let us remember how our Savior came once as a lowly baby, that the world through him might be saved, and how he will return one day in glory. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14
- Thank you, Lord, for sending us the only light we will ever need to guide our path. Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- We pray for courage as we step forward from the Christmas season into the world. Give us your eyes to take in all that you want us to see. Give us your ears that we may listen to all You have to teach us. Give us your heart, that we may be as compassionate towards others as You. Thank you for your grace and mercy which is so freely given. May we learn to give just as freely. Lord, wrap your loving arms around those who need it most today and give them your peace:
- Those with health issues
- Those who are homebound and alone
- Those suffering from the storms
- Those whose homelands are at war
- Those who are saddened by the loss of loved ones
- Those with job and financial worries
- Those in broken relationships
- Those working in difficult situations to spread the gospel
- Those needing help with making a difficult decision
- And anyone who would like a hug from Jesus just because!
- Thank you, Lord, for everything. May we never forget that you walk with us in all circumstances today and forever.
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.