January 15, 2023
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- Thank you, Lord, for calling me to do good things for You. Help me to focus on and persevere in doing those things even when the world leads us to self-interest.
- Thank you, Lord, that even when life is at its darkest, we can find comfort in knowing You are at work to bring light and hope back—to all people (Acts 15:14-18).
- Thank you, Lord, for the perfect peace that comes from trusting You. Isaiah 26:3-4
- We confess that we have fallen short of God’s expectations for us in the last year, but we thank you, Lord, that you give us endless chances to do better.
- We pray for our pastors, for physical strength and healing, wisdom, humility and confidence as they lead us to make disciples together.
- Help us through the difficult circumstances we face, for they are the means by which we grow spiritually.
- Help us to demonstrate by the graceful goods we produce that we are saved by grace.
- We pray for the children entrusted to us for care and nurturing, we pray that they will come to know and love Jesus on their own.
- Help us to follow Your rules for holy living. Leviticus 19
- We pray for our community, that we may work together to build one another up.
- We pray for loved ones in our families living through difficult times – health concerns, financial worries, job struggles, relationship problems, loneliness, and other stressors – as we place all things in the hands of our all-knowing and powerful Father, may peace and calm help them overcome.
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.