February 5, 2023
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- Thank you, Lord, every time we gather at the Lord’s Table to celebrate Communion, we remember that Christ rescued us from slavery to sin and provided us with eternal life. May the rescuing love of Jesus remind us that His cross is worth remembering—together.
- Thank you, Lord, for the light of a new day and the dusk of rest.
- Thank you, Lord, for the joys in our lives – an addition to the family; good test scores; completion of a difficult assignment; a restored relationship… we thank You for always being at work in us.
- Teach us, Lord, to speak with grace, not whatever we want as the world encourages. Ephesians 4:23 May we speak words that reflect the character of Jesus.
- Please look upon your servants with mercy and favor. Please, Lord, help us to keep our eyes focused on you. We ask that you either restore what has been lost or help us to find something new, something greater in which to trust. If we can maintain our trust and hope in you, and not give up, you promise to renew us. Isaiah 40:31
- Pray for those who have lost loved ones recently. May God replace sadness with hope of reunions with loved ones in eternity.
- Lord, lead us to the right path in life when we are tempted to go the short way.
- Pray for our missionaries, that they will have access to everything they need and a bubble of God’s protection as they do His work and “make disciples” on our behalf.
- Pray for those who seek to harm others. Pray for God’s justice to be done.
- Pray for those struggling in winter weather conditions. May they see God at work even under stressful conditions.
- We pray for loved ones in our families living through difficult times – health concerns, financial worries, job struggles, relationship problems, loneliness, and other stressors – as we place all things in the hands of our all-knowing and powerful Father, may peace and calm help them overcome.
For more prayer items for our world, our country, our community, our church, our family, and ourselves, please see our monthly prayer calendar on the website.